Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with the new gst-soundhandler

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with the new gst-soundhandler
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 10:39:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

> > The problem is that the new design doesn't allow the same sound to be
> played
> > multiple times, simultaneously.
>
> If you hadn't sent this message I wouldn't have know that the situation
> described is legal. Do you have an SWF that demonstrates this behaviour?

I don't a swf specifically testing this, but the well known
frog.swf/frogbender.swf can be used. Move the mousepointer quickly back and
forth over the blenders buttons. In the pp you'll get a click for every button
you touch, but with the new gst-soundhandler you get fewer clicks because it
will only restart the playback of the click when finished playing it. I believe
the sdl-soundhandler mimics this behaviour fairly well. IIRC the old
gst-soundhandler also mimicked that behaviour, though I'm not sure it worked
too well.

cheers,

Tomas

Audi, Fiat, Peugeot, Skoda, Porsche, Toyota, Ford - Kelkoo har brugte biler til
en hver smag! Klik her for at sammenligne priser.(http://dk.yahoo.com/r/pat/mmb)