Re: [Gnash-dev] support for BSD

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] support for BSD
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:13:21 +0100

Neat :)

//Markus

On 15 Feb 2008, at 22:17, Rob Savoye wrote:

I just a little while ago checked in bug fixes so Gnash from cvs HEAD
builds cleanly on FreeBSD 6.3, OpenBSD 4.2, and NetBSD 4.0. These were
on fully up to date systems, so your mileage may vary... To tweak
whatever is left to work for the majority of BSD users, I was hoping a
few of the BSD users on this list could configure and build Gnash and
let me know how it goes... I wanted to make sure *BSD had full support
in the upcoming Gnash release.

My notes on packages that need to be installed, my system's
configuration, etc... is all on our wiki at:

http://wiki.gnashdev.org/wiki/index.php/Building_on_FreeBSD
http://wiki.gnashdev.org/wiki/index.php/Building_on_OpenBSD
http://wiki.gnashdev.org/wiki/index.php/Building_on_NetBSD

Please pay careful attention to warning messages during the
configuration process, which may cruise by unnoticed. More notes on the
wiki pages are appreciated, especially for people running older versions
of these distributions.

For configuration problems, you can set the environment variable
CONFIG_SHELL to "sh -x", which turns on shell debugging for the
subshells used when configuring subdirectories. Then invoking configure
with "sh -x" and tee'ing off the output to a file lets you easily grep
through the voluminous output to see where the configure test failed.