[Gnash-dev] [COMMITTED] inclusion of ffmpeg patch into Gnash 0.8.2 ?

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] [COMMITTED] inclusion of ffmpeg patch into Gnash 0.8.2 ?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:21:59 +0100

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 01:27:00PM +0100, strk wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 07:15:16PM +0800, Hong Yu wrote:
> >
> > Hello all!  We wonder if anyone has shown interest in our ffmpeg related
> > Gnash-cvs modifications and been trying tests with YouTube, etc.  Or any
> > additional suggestions?
>
> We're all very interested in them, but it seems we didn't find the time
> to give you feedback on it, being in the hard process of closing up the
> release.
>
> I could look at it now, but is probably too late for 0.8.2 anyway.
>
> Consider joining #gnash on irc.freenode.net for a face-to-face
> discussion.

After some discussion on the channel, and some testing I made with
both gst and ffmpeg using your patch, we decided to commit it.
So it is in the 0.8.2 branch now.
Thanks a lot.

Next thing to look at (in head) would be proper abstractions to
reduce (ideally drop) ifdefs around and duplication of common code.

In particular, I belive using NetConnection for handlign the actual
data download is the way to go (gstreamer uses its own modules for
that).

For the aux_streamer I still don't know as the whole sound_handler
class is not properly documented as of yet - see top comments in
libmedia/sound_handler.h, the \page section must be written
completely. Documenting works would be appreciated.