[Gnash-dev] Re: [COMMITTED] inclusion of ffmpeg patch into Gnash 0.8.2 ?

From: Hong Yu
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: [COMMITTED] inclusion of ffmpeg patch into Gnash 0.8.2 ?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:57:21 +0800

Thank you very much for all your support of FFmpeg option! We have been
much encouraged by your warm discussions. And from your suggestions, we
have had thoughts of how to further improve and debug FFmpeg media
handling for Gnash0.8.2.

Our modifications have excluded libmedia/sdl from compilation. In addition,
we don't need libmad as we are using mp3 decoder in ffmpeg.

Without previous experience of Gnash, our modifications are mainly to
recover the FFmpeg media handling code, with reference to Gnash0.8.1. It
will take us some time to remove most #ifdef in common classes for media
handling, and we will need to discuss with the current developer(s)
working on Gstreamer part. In the coming days, we will submit small bug-fix
patches step by step against release_0_8_2_rc1.

Using NetConnection to do network downloading for FFmpeg option is
Gnash0.8.1's way, we merely recovered it for Gnash0.8.2.

We are not very clear on the role of video_stream_def class, and added
#ifdef for FFmpeg compatibility. We may be able to remove #ifdef, but
that requires further discussion with gst developer.

Next thing for us is to check the documentation of aux_streamer in
libmedia/sound_handler, and research how to remove #ifdef of
aux_streamer in libmedia/sound_handler.

Best regards,

Hong Yu