[Gnash-dev] Manual editorial help

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Manual editorial help
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 14:30:32 -0700

I just checked in a massive rearranging and updating of the Gnash
documentation into CVS HEAD. Before I merge this into the release
branch, I thought I'd plead for some spelling and grammar editing help.
I've been starting at these manuals so much, I can barely see straight
anymore... I just want this to be *done*, so the release can go out. I
did change the layout of chapters, etc... so hopefully editing help
doesn't require much Docbook hacking knowledge. I believe all the
technical parts are correct, course that doesn't mean they make any
sense. :-)

You'll need the docbook, docbook-utils and docbook2x packages installed
to build any of the output formats. "Make -C doc/C html" is what I do.
"make -C doc/C info" also works. There is a user manual and a seperate
reference manual.

So anyway, I know beyond the shadow of doubt there many typos in these
docs, yes, I didn't bother to run a spell checker, I was hacking way too
fast, and  making too many changes... :-( Other parts may have
degenerated into randomness, and not make sense to anyone but me at 6am.
So if anyone has some time today, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll have
at it later myself, but I'd rather now start getting other stuff ready
to do the release, and I'll still have to merge in editing changes to
the release branch.