[Gnash-dev] libmad deprecated?

From: Jun Ma
Subject: [Gnash-dev] libmad deprecated?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:54:32 +0800

when I configure gnash as
./configure    --enable-gui=SDL  --enable-renderer=AGG
--disable-plugins  --enable-jpeg  --disable-glext
--enable-gstreamer=no  --enable-media=mad  --with-x=no   --disable-xml

configure return with errors:

checking build system type... i686-redhat-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-redhat-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for library file name specifics... no
checking for gawk... gawk
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for mkinstalldirs... no
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... /usr/bin/msgmerge
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for config.rpath... config.rpath
checking for shared library run path origin... done
checking for CFPreferencesCopyAppValue... no
checking for CFLocaleCopyCurrent... no
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for GNU gettext in libc... yes
checking whether to use NLS... yes
checking where the gettext function comes from... libc
configure: error: bad value mad for --enable-media option

I notice codes here in configure.ac:

 624 media_handler_specified=false
 625 AC_ARG_ENABLE(media,
 626  AC_HELP_STRING([--enable-media=handler], [Enable media handling
support using the specified handler: gst, ffmpeg or none (no s
ound) [[gst]] ]),
 627  [case "${enableval}" in
 628    GST|gst)
 629      media_handler=gst
 630      media_handler_specified=true
 631      ;;
 632    ffmpeg|FFMPEG)
 633      media_handler=ffmpeg
 634      media_handler_specified=true
 635      ;;
 636    no|NO|none)
 637      media_handler=none
 638      media_handler_specified=true
 639      ;;
 640    *) AC_MSG_ERROR([bad value ${enableval} for --enable-media option]) ;;
 641   esac],
 642  [media_handler=gst; media_handler_specified=true]
 643 )

Has libmad deprecated? I still see some codes like #ifdef USE_MAD in gnash.
Is it possible to use libmad for mp3 decoding at this moment? \

Thanks

--
FIXME if it is wrong.