Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: NetStream-SquareTest.swf failures with ffmpeg

From: Hong Yu
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: NetStream-SquareTest.swf failures with ffmpeg
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:50:52 +0800

Gnash-cvs on my workstation can generally play NetStream-SquareTest.swf now, even only partially (red rectangle not moving). So I may not help with why no video shown up. Yes, ffmpeg media handler use thread.

We have used gnash0.8.2 to build with FFmpeg newer than Feb 18, 2008. And we have found that, very recent FFmpeg use expression/macro in defining 'LIBAVCODEC_VERSION' in avcodec.h, which caused Gnash0.8.2 build to fail in defining 'FFMPEG_AUDIO2' and 'HAVE_SWSCALE_H' in gnashconfig.h. Gnash0.8.2 works fine when 'LIBAVCODEC_VERSION' is defined with string only (e.g., '51.50.1') in avcodec.h of FFmpeg. If you haven't handled such since gnash0.8.2, then very likely the potential problem is with current Gnash HEAD, too. Maybe you want to delay the bug report after you will have tried Gnash-cvs with newest FFmpeg? We are using FFmpeg source checked out on Feb 18, 2008.

Best regards,

Hong Yu