Re: [Gnash-dev] Unicode

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Unicode
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:46:21 +0200

I've looked into the problems displaying Japanese (or indeed most
non-Latin character sets). Information in a bug report here:

It seems that the primary problem really is a lack of glyphs in standard
fonts, and as far as I can see there's no very good (i.e. free)
solution. There is apparently a sad lack of free fonts containing even a
small fraction of unicode characters.

The part we have more control over is how to select an adequate font if
one does exist on the system.

Workarounds and follow-ups would be best dealt with on the bug tracker.

bwy