Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenGL renderer broken on FreeBSD

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenGL renderer broken on FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 06:40:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 21 May 2008, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

OpenGL renderer doesn't work on FreeBSD with either Gnash 0.8.2 or
latest CVS snapshot. Beside GUI elements, nothing is displayed in gnash
window and X server eats 100% CPU making it very hard to do anything to
determine the cause of a problem. I couldn't get sane gdb backtrace as
well. I didn't see any reports of similar problems on Linux or Mac, so
I suppose this is FreeBSD-specific somehow, so I would gladly accept
any ideas on what can be the problem and how to diagnose it.

You might try running Gnash in BuGLe.

i386, FreeBSD 7.0, xorg-server-1.4, libGL-7.0.3, nvidia-driver-96.43.05

How does it work without the use of the nvidia driver?

Bastiaan