Re: [Gnash-dev] XVideo Patch

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] XVideo Patch
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 23:26:30 +0200

Hello Craig,

Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 11:59:58 PM, you wrote:
CK> I've been successful playing SWF's at 1600x1200 fullscreen with about
CK> 20% system load (2.8Ghz Pentium 4).  The user can specify dimensions
CK> like this:

CK> gtk-gnash -j w:w' -k h:h'

CK> where w,h are renderer dimensions, and w',h' are window dimensions
CK> (scaled by hardware).

Your patch seems very interesting. I think hardware scaling is a big
advantage.

I could not yet manage to try it out but before committing this patch
we should decide if and how we implement the various global matrices
(renderer, gui, ...). This is important because this patch shows the
necessity to have a matrix for mouse events and another one for the
effective renderer (which uses a smaller area).

Also, there should be ActionScript support for acceleration like
this, as the proprietary player also supports a similar hardware
acceleration.

Udo