Re: [Gnash-dev] Migration to GIT?

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Migration to GIT?
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:04:11 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 19.06.2008, 12:50 -0400 schrieb Dossy Shiobara:
> On 2008.06.19, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
> > We changed the plan to move to bzr. Now waiting for savannah admins
> > to bring the infrastructure up.
>
> Is there a technical reason to go with bzr instead of git?  Or is this
> simply because bzr is a GNU project and git isn't?

Both of them seem to be decent distributed RCSs and are much better than
CVS. For a project like Gnash, which has a small number of devs and an
easily followable sequence of commits, the differences between git and
bzr are hardly important. I don't think we need more discussion of which
one to choose - just ditch CVS as soon as possible.

-bwy