Re: [Gnash-dev] Migration to GIT?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Migration to GIT?
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:55:27 -0600

annonygmouse wrote:

I hope this does not evolve into a flame war between both (bzr and git) beauties...

Considering we haven't used either, I don't think we know enough to argue one way or the other. It wasn't a choice made from any feeling one was superior to the other, the important part is both supported the features we wanted, and both are better than cvs... So when RMS asked, there were no reasons to not use bzr.

I know little from both (I've only used SVN and a bit of CVS) from user perspective, so I don't really care. Just I thought the switch would be sooner and would render my CVS repository obsolete without notice :O.

We also wished it could have been sooner, but better late than never... :-) Some of the timing is out of our hands, but yes, we hope to switch over within the next few days. Some of the work with getting bzr working fully on savannah may give us a few bumpy days though.