[Gnash-dev] XPCOM support

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] XPCOM support
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:26:19 -0600

I've added minimal XPCOM support to Gnash for start the process of having the plugin be much better integrated into Firefox. This will work in addition to the existing NPAPI support. Among other things, this will also finally let Gnash and Javascript work together much better. While this XPCOM component builds, it's dependant header files are found, and it gets added to the xpi properly, there seems to be a problem with IDs. I can't seem to get the XPCOM component to register within Firefox. :-(

So anyway, I'm hoping somebody with more XPCOM experience (I never looked at XPCOM till a few days ago) can see what my stupid mistake is that prevents this from registering. I've done the hard part, which is adding the config tests, the initial source and build code, and the XPI packaging support. It's all in trunk now, use --enable-xpcom and --enable-nspr4 to use.

Having working XPCOM support will let Gnash handle things like Cookies properly, get more info about URLs, etc... all good.