Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash as a UI midder frame

From: haibin zhang
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash as a UI midder frame
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 09:49:10 +0800

2008/8/14, Rob Savoye <address@hidden>:
haibin zhang wrote:

The 2nd question, I meaned that: swf how to get information from gnash; and
gnash how to get command from swf(our UI). For example, There is a button in
swf, when we click that button, gnash how to capture?

 The typical way to do this is when the button is clicked, it sends an XML message to another application that does the actual work. The other option would be to write a Gnash extension that does whatever it is you need to do when the button is clicked, and the you can access that from your swf directly. How you do this sort of depends on what you want to happen.

       - rob -

Thanks!
If i use xml, my application aslo can send xml message to swf, right?? and in this case, gnash just play the role of playing swf file, right??