[Gnash-dev] address@hidden: Re: Potlatch & Gnash]

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] address@hidden: Re: Potlatch & Gnash]
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:18:13 +0200

----- Forwarded message from Richard Fairhurst <address@hidden> -----

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 22:59:57 +0100
From: Richard Fairhurst <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Potlatch  & Gnash
To: strk <address@hidden>

Hi strk,

Really good to see all this progress!

I'm afraid the XML is out of my control - it's the Yahoo Flash API.
As it happens I wouldn't spend too much time on supporting this - I'm
told that Yahoo will be deprecating it soon and Potlatch will have to
use the AS3 API, via NetConnection I guess (which I presume will mean
that bit may not work in Gnash for now :( ).

Incidentally, on

>Next problem seems to be with order of calls
>to callbacks (move some around till you get the alert
>sign, click on it and retry, the "loading ways" label won't go away).

this is expected (if wrong!) behaviour - the retry doesn't actually
try to reload ways, just rewrite any outstanding ones. Basically
osm.org fails on writes a lot more often than it fails on reads, so I
haven't got round to doing the retry on read yet.

All the best
Richard

----- End forwarded message -----