[Gnash-dev] Questions about autogen.sh

From: dolphinling
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Questions about autogen.sh
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:02:23 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the autogen.sh script and I have a few questions.

First, why is this used rather than autoreconf?

Second, what is the point of the
     if grep "^AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT" configure.ac >/dev/null; then
     [...]
on line 184 and similar on lines 190 and 194, and lines 43, 53, 63, and 72? configure.ac is never changed (is it?) and those strings aren't in it, so that code will never run.

Third, is there any point to any of the following, or can they be removed?
- Lines 164-172, 219-221: Line 104 (and the libtool code above) guarantees it will only work in the correct directory, so why all the testing? - The test for the macros directory before setting -I macros. macros should always be there, right?
- conf_flags set on the very last line of the file. This does nothing, right?

Thanks

--
dolphinling
<http://dolphinling.net/>