Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash packages for Fedora / OLPC

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash packages for Fedora / OLPC
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 15:16:27 +0200

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 08:41:59PM -0700, John Gilmore wrote:
> OLPC has forked their gnash-0.8.3 package because the upstream Fedora
> package had a pile of dependencies (for kde, etc) that they don't use.

They are used (in fact the kde support was fixed only recently by
Kevin).

> As we make the 0.8.4 Fedora release, I recommend that we improve the
> package by merging the changes from the OLPC fork.  Their change is
> briefly described among all the other OLPC-forked packages here:
>
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Distro_version_migration_nastiness

I try to minitor changes in the OLPC branches and use what makes sense
in fedora. There is a bug opened for update to 0.8.4, it is on my radar,
but I'll gladly accept patches. I am in th eprocess of verifying that
all the issues fixed by patches in 0.8.3 in fedora are indeed fixed
in 0.8.4 upstream.

> If our 0.8.4 SRPM builds several binary packages, one of which is the
> configured-down OLPC one that has few dependencies, that'll solve the
> problem and heal a fork.  (Hmm, does the real Fedora 10 alpha SRPM
> include any patches to gnash?  If so, shouldn't we incorporate those,
> or start a dialog with the packager?)

There are some patches, especially since Kevin fixed (tough it is not
definitive) the kde plugin.

--
Pat