[Gnash-dev] How to extract images in DefineBitsJPEG2 tag?

From: Edwin
Subject: [Gnash-dev] How to extract images in DefineBitsJPEG2 tag?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 21:48:51 +0800

Hi

I am a student in the Chinese University of Hong Kong. I have a question about extracting jpeg images in swf files. I know this mailing list may not be the best place to ask this kind of questions, but you guys are the most knowledable about the swf format that I know.

I have read the swf spec from adobe and parsed the swf file according to it. In the DefineBitsJPEG2 tag, I can find a data stream begin with JPEG SOI (0xFF 0xD8) and ends with EOI (0xFF 0xD9). When I tried to extract the data out and save it to a file, the file couldn't be opened in any image viewer I have (like photoshop, firefox, preview, etc). The spec said the data inside DefineBitsJPEG2 contains both the SPEG encoding table and the JPEG image data, so I assume it can be opened as a normal JPEG file. Is that the JPEG format in SWF are different with those in JPEG files? How can I extract the images in SWF and save it to a jpeg file?

Thank you very much

Warm wishes
Edwin