Re: [Gnash-dev] Development for Win32

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Development for Win32
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 16:46:17 +0100

That'd be great...
We really need more developers.

Either you talk with Rob or send in a patch for "peer-review" to begin with.

Happy coding,
Markus

On 9 Nov 2008, at 08:18, Tonko Juricic wrote:

Hello,

My name is Tonko and I read about project needing more help with Win32 version. I have been programming Windows for 15+ years, have some Linux experience and had participated in some open source projects, most notably AGG since it is used by Gnash. I would be glad to help if I can.

Let me ask what has been done with Win32 port until now or where else can I find info about that?

My own approach would be to work with MS Visual C++ compiler instead of GNU compiler ports to Win32 and address IE plugin (that is ActiveX) as well. That would cause branching of the build files and tools because of the need to include Visual Studio solutions, projects and DOS batch files in source distribution. However, overall I think it would help the product to be more extensively tested on Win32 platform and would lower the barrier that some Win32 developers may face when mulling if to join and contribute.