Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Not enough storage was allocated to hold the appende

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Not enough storage was allocated to hold the appended data!
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:43:01 -0700

strk wrote:

> You get that exception.
> It's some bug between Element::encode and AMF::encodeElement
> (libamf, not libnet AFAICT).

  Entirely possible, after all this code is still under development. I
never tested it against YouTube's apparent new RTMP support. I primarily
used Red5, and a college video lectures site for RTMP testing. There is
a list of other RTMP using sites on the gnashdev.org wiki in the RTMP
section.

> Currently, AMF::encodeElement contains some code which seems
> to set that output size, but doesn't seem correct.
> Does Element itself exposes the size of it's encoded representation ?

  See: "size_t AMF::totalsize() { return _totalsize; }".