Re: [Gnash-dev] iPhone

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] iPhone
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:51:10 -0700

Parris Leary wrote:
> What I would love to see, and Im sure i'm not the first to bring tie up
> but a version for the iPhone would be legendary. Even just a web applet.

   The SDK for the iPhone actually specifies "no flash players". Course
that's primarily for JavaScript programmers. To get Gnash running
standalone on the iPhone wasn't that hard, but we'd need WebKit support
to truly work the way it needs to on the iPhone. The bigger problem is
Apple would never let it be redistributed, and they've already bricked
my iPhone a few times anyway, which gets old fast.... But anyway,
somebody has to add WebKit support before it's really worth revisiting
Gnash on an iPhone.

  Me, I'm considering launching off on an Android and/or S60v3 port
after I get Cygnal a little further along... (which is slowly starting
to work)