Re: Fwd: [Gnash-dev] FLTK GUI

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Gnash-dev] FLTK GUI
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:34:24 -0700

strk wrote:

> You may as well implement a Win32 GUI for Gnash, or improve the SDL
> gui to add menus (which I belive are the missing part wrt FLTK).
> Also, doesn't GTK run on window ?

  SDL doesn't support menus, which is why the FLTK support got added.
There are add-on packages for SDL that add menus, but that was only
using OpenGL. I personally think SDL has the worst event handling, plus
it's real slow. FLTK 2 is much nicer than SDL, and does support more
complex things like menus, dialog boxes, etc... plus has a great event
loop. GTK does run on windows, but has a pile of dependencies. I wonder
what Firefox uses on win32.

  But on win32, yeah, I think the true solution is to aim for adding
native GUI support for win32, whatever that is. I never tried to build
most anything with VC++, I just used mingw as a cross compiler.