Re: [Gnash-dev] A problem when building firefox plugin npgnash.dll on Wi

From: Dossy Shiobara
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] A problem when building firefox plugin npgnash.dll on Windows
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:57:52 -0500

Bastiaan Jacques wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, cao wei wrote:
>
>>  Besides, plugin.h needs X11, so I guess it should not be used in win32,
>> isn't it? Where can I find a usable plugin.h for win32?
>
> As far as I know plugin/win32 has gone largely unmaintained. However, it
> should not be difficult to modify plugin/plugin.{cpp,h} to compile on
> windows. The major problem then is to use a GUI which can use the -x ID
> parameter to rendering into the specified window ID on Microsoft
> Windows. So far as I can remember the only GUI capable of that is the
> GTK GUI.

Unfortunately, none of the GUIs work with -x on Win32.  That's why I
started work on plugin/win32, creating a native npgnash.dll plugin for
Mozilla that embeds VM in-process.

I'm not sure why cao wei can't build the plugin/win32 directory: it
builds just fine on the buildbot Win2003 slave ... ?

--
Dossy Shiobara              | address@hidden | http://dossy.org/