[Gnash-dev] XVideo test

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] XVideo test
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:01:47 +0100

I successfully built gnash with XVideo support
and did some testing.

Interestingly enough, the orisinal's game Winter Bells
http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/00bells.swf
reveals XVideo not only producing worst quality but also
performing worst.

You can check by toggling the gnashrc directive:
set XVideo on|off

Might also be related to the fact that with XVideo the
aspect ratio is not retained so the output is larger than
the one with no XVideo, but I'm not sure that alone can
justify the loss of performance.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!