Re: [Gnash-dev] "GdkWindow unexpectedly destroyed"

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] "GdkWindow unexpectedly destroyed"
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 20:25:23 +0100

Am Montag, den 02.03.2009, 09:19 -0800 schrieb Bastiaan Jacques:
> After a lenghty debugging session I finally found the source of this
> problem. It turns out that the Mozilla plugin attemts to start Gnash for
> the same movie and X window ID twice. Of course GTK is not happy to
> share a Window ID with another process, and thus mayhem results. The
> reason the plugin does this is because NewStream is called twice on the
> same plugin instance. The reason for *that*, I haven't yet discovered.

Kudos! I've tested the fix you've just committed on some pages that
crashed for me, and so far it's remained stable. I really hope this has
fixed that horrible bug. It's almost certainly related to the plugin
crash bug filed by me on savannah, by the way.

bwy

--
Use Gnash, the GNU Flash Player!
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/