Re: Re: [Gnash-dev] youtube bugs for release

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: Re: [Gnash-dev] youtube bugs for release
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:23:37 +0100 (MET)

> > I don't know enough about how to "cast" an "as_object" to a MovieClip to
> > understand what's going on. How is this supposed to work?
>
> There are many such cases in Gnash. Gnash is pickier about types
> than the proprietary player. This case should be not too hard to fix,
> probably just change the ensureType to require an as_object should work.

Indeed, I've tested it manually and MovieClip.getURL() works when attached to
any as_object. I'll commit a fix to trunk shortly. getSWFVersion() is more
complicated. I've added some automatic tests showing version-dependent
behaviour. I expect there are many more cases like this, so more testing is
welcome.