Re: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.5 status, regular snapshots

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.5 status, regular snapshots
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:48:22 -0700

Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

> I saw 0.8.5 packages at http://www.getgnash.org/packages/releases/, but
> I didn't see any announces - are those final or still prerelease/rc?

  That's the release itself. I usually give them a day to get propagated
around world before I make the announcement, which I'll be doing
shortly. I've unfortunately already got a few bug reports on the
release, guess that's how it goes...

> Also, reviving nightly source snapshots will really be useful - neither
> http://www.gnashdev.org/dev_snapshots/ nor
> http://www.getgnash.org/packages/snapshots/

  If you look, I've been keeping these more populated with snapshots,
both source and binary packages... The plan is to have buildbot crank
out snapshots, both source and binary nightly. I've put a huge amount of
work the last few weeks into our build farm, and to be honest, am
burning out on all the sysadmin work required to get everything fully
automated. I'd prefer to be writing code...

  A volunteer sysadmin to finish the work at getting buildbot cranking
out nightly snapshots would be wonderful. :-) It's almost all there now...

> have them, and it's a pain to package and host a snapshot myself (for
> -devel version of FreeBSD port of gnash).

  I just put up a FreeBSD binary snapshot the other day. :-) I managed
to get FreeBSD 7.1 running under VirtualBox.