Re: [Gnash-dev] FPS sync

From: Andrea Palmatè
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] FPS sync
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 00:13:14 +0200

Il giorno 25/mag/09, alle ore 19:35, strk ha scritto:

Ouch. Well, u2_has.swf is a bad beast. I hope our AGG-optimizer
guy will take his time to take a look at it too, to see how the
optimization change that.

eheh.. i've seen..
On my AmigaOne G4 933mhz i make 2.45fps...

but there is something wrong i must understand. For example, if i run the youtube player without any movie i get 90% of CPU.. and that's strange.. i think there is something that do something wrong on PPC.. i have at least two bugs i must discover. that one that make player2.swf draw progress bar wrong (http://www.amigasoft.net/pages/gnash/images/youtube.png ) and that one that draw wrong colors (you can see a small example here: http://www.amigasoft.net/pages/gnash/images/youtubeok.png) And i'm sure there is something wrong.. i've compiled a new version of boost a little bit optimized and some moves are faster than previous but is not possible that my port of mplayer use 20% of CPU when play an flv file (with ffmpeg like gnash) while gnash use 100% of cpu. Also network streaming seems a problem since if i play an swf file with an embedded flv loading it from my Amiga it plays really fast and with low cpu usage. Maybe network can have problem since player2.swf use almost all cpu time..

Note that I just committed another patch implementing a frame-drop
mechanism. It's off by default because causes unpleasant behaviour
when being too late (never re-renders...) so needs to be cleaned up more. If you want to give it a try, define SKIP_RENDERING_IF_LATE in gui/ gui.h.

i'll try it tomorrow with all committed patches and i'll tell you

Andrea