Re: [Gnash-dev] Subclassing and Method execution in debug log

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Subclassing and Method execution in debug log
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 08:16:48 -0600

On 06/14/09 08:12, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

The haxe code is quite simple, but the bytecode that haxe generates is
very complicated and unconventional. It also changes massively depending
on which compiler version you use. This is why it's not very useful for
generating VM testcases, at least until AVM2 is more correct.

We'll stick to haxe 2.03 (the current release) for awhile if that'll help.

as3compile generates much cleaner bytecode that probably closely matches
what the Adobe compiler would generate from similar code, which makes
testing and debugging the VM easier. What would be really useful is an

I'll look into seeing how close are haxe test cases are to as3compile. I believe both are trying to be as close to what Adobe Flex supports, so maybe we can massage the test cases to build with either.