Re: [Gnash-dev] Stealth Checkin

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Stealth Checkin
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 07:15:35 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 16.07.2009, 13:06 -0600 schrieb Benjamin T Limmer:
> I just realized that I didn't have my email address properly set, so my
> checkin won't be submitted to the commit list. I implementation the
> first parts of the VideoInput class which will eventually be ported over
> to support Camera and Microphone input in Gnash. If you're interested,
> check out the code in libmedia/gst/VideoInputGst.cpp(.h).

I'm not sure it is a good idea to base the interface so much round the
actionscript class. There are only limited tests for the way the Camera
class behaves. It's hardly possible to tell which parts of the API are
just bits of actionscript and which of them query the webcam. Before
these issues are tested and clear, it is too early to design a full
interface.

VideoInputGst contains a lot of code that looks like it needn't be in a
header. A header is for including, which means it should as far as
possible contain only definitions that other TUs need to know about.
Class members, such as ctors defined outside the class, should be in a
cpp file.

Consider using GnashWebcamPrivate as a member of GstVideoInput, rather
than using multiple inheritance (at the moment it does both).
GnashWebCamPrivate almost certainly shouldn't be in a header. Please
construct classes using ctor-initializers (see any other class in
Gnash), not like in Java. At the very least, public interfaces should be
following the Gnash coding guidelines for naming: camelCase is used for
functions, not '_' between words. Replace the tabs with four spaces. And
split lines at 80 characters.

Also try writing a mail to address@hidden about your design for the
input classes. You may get some useful information, and if no one
replies, no one can complain about your implementation.

bwy

--
Free Flash, use Gnash
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/