Re: [Gnash-dev] bug 24472

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] bug 24472
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 08:52:20 -0600

On 08/08/09 08:44, dww wrote:
I was curious as to the status of
bug #24472: Flash video sites that are currently unsupported by gnash

There was a comment in the bug report that AVM2 support may be needed
for these sites to work.  I noticed in the wiki that AVM2 may be added
to 0.8.6.  Is it in the trunk now? and does anyone know if any of the
issues with the sites will be addressed?

We've all been working hard since the 0.8.5 release on AVM2 and better ActionScript 2/3 support. You'd need to test with trunk and configure with --enable-avm2, although I think it's time to make this the default. (--disable-avm2 would work).

The plan is to start on the next release in early Sept, to make the code freezes for Fedora and Ubuntu with a few weeks to spare.

Alternatively, do you need volunteers to debug gnash with these sites?

Yes, all help debugging and patching is useful, as it's a time consuming process. There are some other notes on our wiki done for the Summer Bash, http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Website_Compatibility. Some sites are all now working much better after the last few months of hacking. Other swf files play more correctly, for instance most of the Text handling and formatting works correctly now.

Since next week is the last week for the interns, they're documenting what was done over the summer, and what is left to be done for the sites they've been using for testing.