[Gnash-dev] Re: no AVM2 for a while?

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: no AVM2 for a while?
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 15:19:00 -0700

> I don't think it's the time to make it the default until it has a chance
> of working usefully. At the moment it doesn't, and it won't until I've
> fixed some fundamental bugs, which depends on separating the AS objects
> for the two VMs properly, which is more or less related to the VM
> reentrancy work.

If it isn't working usefully today, do you think it's realistic that
we plan to cut the next release in September?  AVM1 still works,
so a release wouldn't be entirely pointless.

But it would be hard if all the AVM2 work that's been going on
couldn't be stabilized by the next release.  No project prospers by
carrying huge amounts of code that's slowly getting moldy because only
three guys can usefully run it.

        John