Re: [Gnash-dev] [MERGE] Misc fixes to soldumper.cpp

From: stefasab
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] [MERGE] Misc fixes to soldumper.cpp
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:49:53 +0200

On date Monday 2009-08-10 14:14:27 +0200, Benjamin Wolsey gnashed:

> > Without this, is *so* much easier for me to use a quilt stack of
> > patches rather than do bzr branch and commit and bzr diff.
> >

> You could also consider uploading your branch, or several different
> branches, to a service like launchpad or anywhere else it's publicly
> available, from where it would be possible to merge changes if you
> notify the list. I would rather merge from a branch than apply several
> different patches to the same file and commit each one separately.

I would like to avoid all that overhead for just a bunch of correlated
patches, especially considering that I never fiddled with launchpad
before.

Also consider that I already provided a merge directive before
(as issued by bzr send), maybe you could just use that once reviewed.

> > * 0001-soldumper-avoid-usage-for-ref.patch
> >   Avoids an ugly forward declaration.
>
> I don't see why forward declarations are particularly ugly...

Forward declarations require more code (forward declaration +
declaration) -> code duplication -> more maintainance burden, and keep
the code logic separated in two distinct locations, which doesn't help
the reader as she may have to jump to the actual definition to
understand it.

For these reasons I prefer to avoid them when possible.

Regards.