[Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] resizing a swf - change the aspect ratio

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] resizing a swf - change the aspect ratio
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:11:35 +0200

address@hidden is the correct list for this kind of query. The other
list is for announcements and is moderated, so takes longer to get
through.

Am Donnerstag, den 13.08.2009, 13:03 +0200 schrieb address@hidden:
> hi guys,
> I want to display a flash (swf) file e.g. 1024x576 on a 4:3 monitor full
> screen. I'm using gnash (gtk) with fluxbox. "gnash --fullscreen (...)"
> works fine to the point that I want to stretch the file also vertically.
> I want to get rid of the white borders at the top and at the bottom... I
> noticed that the aspect ratio is fixed and I found no option in the
> manual. Is it possible to have influence on the aspect ratio?

The problem is probably the scale mode of the SWF, which maintains the
aspect ratio unless it's set to exactFit. There's a patch that might be
of help here: https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?6747 . It overrides the
SWF's setting. If you'd like to clean the patch up as suggested on the
tracker, it could go into trunk.

bwy

--
Free Flash, use Gnash