Re: [Gnash-dev] Error Reporting

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Error Reporting
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:47:14 +0200

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:29:40PM +0200, manuel fontan garcia wrote:
> Cheers,
>
> My name is Manuel Fontán I'm Spanish student from Vigo, I'm using
> OpenMeetings as web conference service, but I'm having lots of problems
> with the flash plugin, getting a poor quality and crashes when
> synchronizing.
>
> So I'll like to report this error properly but I don know how to.

 $ export GNASH_OPTIONS=writelauncher
 $ firefox <url>

Make sure no other browser window is running when you fire the new
instance from commandline. You can use another browser, but the important
thing is that the GNASH_OPTIONS environment variable gets into
the plugin when fired.

This variable will force production of gnash-debug-#.sh files in
/tmp, which you should be able to run to invoke gnash with the
same parameters it was invoked by the plugin and add optional
parameters: ie:

$ sh /tmp/gnash-debug-1.sh -v

That launcher is a good script to attach to your bug (I saw  you already
filed one).

If you feel brave you can edit the script so it fires a gnash
binary from the build tree rather than the installed one (if you
built gnash yourself) and you can run gdb against it.

Good luck !

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!