Re: [Gnash-dev] long sound delay when using FFMPEG+SDL

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] long sound delay when using FFMPEG+SDL
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:02:14 +0200

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:30:06PM +0200, Hannes Mayr wrote:

> As far as I was able to track down the problem it isn't the resampling
> itself but the initialization of it which takes at least a second (the
> call to FFMPEG's audio_resample_init() - we use the latest FFMPEG
> release 0.5 BTW). So everytime an audio stream starts to play there is
> this delay when the resampler instance is being initialized. Commenting
> out the resampling code and video and audio are perfectly in sync
> (playing stereo MP3s is also fine as no resampling is needed).
>
> Any ideas?

Maybe the MediaHandlerFfmpeg might keep a list of resamplers
initialized for specific inputs and re-use them when appropriate ?

It's hard to predict how many different inputs gnash might deal
with if you think about dynamically loaded sounds/videos though,
but maybe event sounds could be dealt with in this specific way.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!