Re: [Gnash-dev] MIPS 400?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] MIPS 400?
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:28:19 -0600

On 09/25/09 17:19, Rob Moore wrote:

I have a Linux MIPS Alpha 400 type mini netbook thing.
Can I use Gnash in order to  view streaming video?
It's not like a normal machine and can't recognise normal linux software that I
download. There is a website about these kinds of machines but nothing on there
about flash for streaming video.
http://www.littlelinuxlaptop.com/

I have one of these Netbooks too, the CnMbook. I have succeeded in getting a root shell on mine, but haven't had the time to pursue getting Gnash running on it. It won't be an easy port. The crappy flash player they ship only supports swf v5. Personally, the machine is so slow that doing 100% software rendering for YouTube is likely to be painfully slow.