[Gnash-dev] How to speed up gnash performance

From: Weidong Li
Subject: [Gnash-dev] How to speed up gnash performance
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:22:24 -0400

I recently tried gnash and Adobe's flashlite 3.1.7 on an embedded device in a similar run time environment.  I noticed that gnash is about 4 to 5 times slower than flashlite.  However, gnash has a much better user interface than flashlite.  It is possible that I did not do everything right with gnash so that it appeared to be slower.

In general, does anyone have any good idea to make gnash do the best it can?