Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash can't play flash game?

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash can't play flash game?
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 15:53:22 +0100

> I just installed gnash 0.8.6, but can’t play flash game download from
> king.com (“red-ball” a very interesting game), who can tell me is it
> because my gst version or gst-plugins version problem or just gnash
> don’t support this flash game?

The SWF file is obfuscated because they think that will stop people
disassembling it. It won't, but it does mean Gnash currently can't play
it.

Fixing this would need some work on the way Gnash reads and stores the
bytecode.

--
Yes, YouTube does work in Gnash (well it did until they switched to
SWF10)

Benjamin Wolsey, Software Developer - http://benjaminwolsey.de