Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Configure the browser plugin to not print messages t

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Configure the browser plugin to not print messages to stdout/stderr?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:32:57 -0700

On 12/20/09 09:16, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> packages working.  Luckily there are packages for Debian Lenny.  I
> tested them, and they seem to fail completely. Found this message in
> ~/.xsession-errors:

  The Debian lenny x86 packages are kindof out of date, I need to fix my
Debian machine. I do have some recent snapshots for GNewSense, which is
basically Debian Lenny. The ubuntu packages should work as well.

> /usr/bin/gtk-gnash: error while loading shared libraries:
> libgnashnet.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

> LDD show that several libraries are not found:
>
> % ldd /usr/bin/gtk-gnash|grep not libgnashnet.so.0 => not found
> libgnashsound-trunk-20090313.so => not found libgnashnet.so.0 => not
> found libgnashsound-trunk-20090313.so => not found

  Let me check, this sounds like a bug in my packaging control files, as
builds from trunk work just fine. I don't use the stock Debian control
files, I use my own so they stay more uptodate.

> When installing the packages, I ran into problem because these
> versions of klash and gnash can't be installed in parallell (which
> work with the Debian packages).  This make it impossible to install
> the konqueror and firefox plugin at the same time.

  Klash is built for kde4, btw. When you say "installed in parallel",
you mean as an upgrade for an existing installed gnash package ?

> Anyway, there is hope of having 0.8.4 fixed in Lenny, so we might
> continue with that for now.

  Sticking with 0.8.4 is completely silly, as we've made huge changes
since then. For example, with 0.8.4, most video sites won't work at all
anymore.