Re: [Gnash-dev] Sun Studio and general C++ correctness patches, plus GNA

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Sun Studio and general C++ correctness patches, plus GNASHRC duplicate filtering and plugin fixes
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 22:23:52 +0100

> https://pkgbuild.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pkgbuild/spec-files-extra/trunk/patches/gnash-01-stdc.dif

I think Rob applied this.

> https://pkgbuild.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pkgbuild/spec-files-extra/trunk/patches/gnash-02-sunpro.diff

I've applied (or will shortly) this, except for the movie_root part
because that doesn't apply to trunk (I think the code is somewhere
else).

> https://pkgbuild.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pkgbuild/spec-files-extra/trunk/patches/gnash-03-gnashrc.diff
> - Remove duplicates from GNASHRC list

Not sure about this.

> https://pkgbuild.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pkgbuild/spec-files-extra/trunk/patches/gnash-04-plugin.diff

Rob may have applied this...

> https://pkgbuild.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pkgbuild/spec-files-extra/trunk/patches/gnash-05-macros.diff

...and this.

Can you check trunk and if appropriate provide patches for anything
that's been omitted? I still see lots of unprefixed stdlib identifiers
(e.g. strtoul in GC.h) which presumably will cause problems.

Generally it's better if patches are against trunk, or it gets difficult
to work out what has been done and what hasn't (like now).

Also, because these are workarounds for compiler bugs, the only reliable
way to stop them cropping up again is for you to build trunk regularly
and complain when anyone breaks it.

bwy

--
Use Gnash, the GNU Flash Player!