Re: [Gnash-dev] Suggestion for low bandwidth gnashing

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Suggestion for low bandwidth gnashing
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 03:36:17 -0800 (PST)

Hello Brett,

In general, video and audio are not separate. In order to play a
lecture, Gnash downloads a single file that contains both video and
audio. They cannot be separately downloaded.

So this is something that would need to be tackled by YouTube itself.

That said, if you do have access to your university, it might be easiest
to install a Firefox extension that lets you download YouTube movies
directly. Then you could download the lectures while at the university
and carry the lectures home on a USB drive, for example.

Bastiaan