Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 08:47:27 -0700

Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:

>> I wanted to mention that the latest Cairo prerelease has a working
>> OpenGL backend. This means we could drop our OpenGL renderer and rely on
>> Cairo for crisp OpenGL rendering instead.

  Course our Cairo renderer is quite slow for some reason, I assume it's
in how Gnash uses Cairo more than Cairo itself. But one of the main
ideas behind the Cairo backend was that it was going to support both
framebuffers and OpenGL, thereby freeing us from maintaining multiple
renders like we do now.

  Anyway, I just checked in your patch to this branch as of revno
#11825. For some reason the git patches don't apply 100% correctly, so
although I went through this by hand, I could have missed something. It
does compile and run though.