Re: [Gnash-dev] Getting the IOChannel working for RTMP

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Getting the IOChannel working for RTMP
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:53:25 +0200

> The RTMPIOChannel doesn't necessarely need to be in NetConnection_as.cpp,
> but that might be a good place to start experimenting with it.
> You'll want to implement ::read, ::seek ::eof ::tell ...
> well the more you do the better it is. ::size I guess will be hard,
> but hopefully not needed.

Bear in mind that RTMP streaming controls are instructions to the server
sent using AMF. This is different from the way http streaming is
currently implemented. I've posted the following URL a number of times
already:

http://markmail.org/download.xqy?id=d4dpnvqxs5nnmbzs&number=1

Note that play, pause, seek etc are all called using the same native
function (2101, 202), which we know sends an AMF message when there is
an rtmp connection. What else the function does is unclear, but it would
be interesting if anyone has an idea how to find out. Does it behave
differently for play, seek, pause, and stop, or does its behaviour
depend on what the server does? In that case, how does http streaming
work?

Possibly an IOChannel isn't the best abstraction for this case.

bwy

--
Use Gnash, the GNU Flash Player!
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/