[Gnash-dev] Re: "Go Upgrade" from YouTube

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: "Go Upgrade" from YouTube
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:02:38 -0600

On 04/19/10 12:25, Rob Savoye wrote:

  As of revno #12162, I migrated my scriptable plugin branch to trunk.
This fixes the "Go Upgrade" problem with YouTube. It turned out this was
the plugin trying to do a "GetVariable $version", which now correctly
returns the right value. There's a bunch of other changes in this
checkin, including scriptable support enabled by default, and usage of
socketpair instead of multiple pairs of pipes. I also implemented the
XML based ExternalInterface protocol that I found a spec for.

  What's next is to have Gnash read the socket from the plugin for
Invoke and Variable messages, and then "do the right thing" with the XML
message. I figured I'd check this in now, rather than waiting, to get
rid of the Update message.