Re: [Gnash-dev] Stable branch of Gnash

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Stable branch of Gnash
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 00:02:29 +0200

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 08:07:00AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

>   Well, when I hack on code, you get pissed off. :-) The funny part of
> all of this is I didn't break anything... it's more a matter of
> perception than reality.

Perception vs. reality is a tricky issue.
A friend of mine made her thesis on the topic and part of it
quoted a interesting science-fiction story.

In the story a crew of astronauts got discrepant perceptions
about reality due to something happening outside of the
spaceship. They were about to get mad, when someone finally
had an idea about how to solve the problem.

The problem was solved (and perception got back in sync) by
sitting in circle and telling the story togheter.

This is just to say that altough reality is hard to get, it is
possible to at least share a perception by communicating.

To get practical: I think it'd help figuring out what the problem
was with the commit the fight was about. If you and bwy have different
results when running the testsuite it'd help a lot figuring out why.

You may have noticed I posted my own 'make check' results to the list,
specifically to try at helping there. Could you, Rob ? Could you, Ben ?
And what about Jhon and Bastiaan ?