[Gnash-dev] Boost pointer containers

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Boost pointer containers
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:16:22 +0200

What do we think about using boost::ptr_container in Gnash? The reason
they weren't used before is that they required the separate
serialization library up to boost 1.34. However:

1. Practically no one uses boost 1.33 any more, and the dependency was
removed in 1.35.
2. Anyone who still does use 1.34 or earlier could just install boost
serialization and it would still work fine.

It would make certain parts of Gnash code where we store pointers in
containers much cleaner, easier, and safer, so I'd like to use it. Any
thoughts?

bwy

--
Use Gnash, the GNU Flash Player!