Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash fallback in Lightspark - worked!

From: Alessandro Pignotti
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash fallback in Lightspark - worked!
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 10:39:55 +0200

> it renders a muddy mess (screen shot at www.toad.com/TEMP-lightmess.png).
> I haven't been able to catch the program actually running as a child
> of Firefox (it seems to crash too quickly -- or is it actually running
> the whole interpreter inside the Firefox process)?
The rendering of UI which is completely generated at runtime is as
expected. The video is not played for the following reasons
1) After the last update of the YT player a day ago, videos are now
chosen by AS code on the base of the size of the player window. As
Lightspark doesn't support yet liquid layout (StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE).
The size of player is very small (enforced by SWF file itself) and the
lowest quality video is chosen
2) The lowest quality video is H263 which is not supported in release
0.4.2.3 (fixed in trunk, I'll release in a short time)

You'll never see a child lightspark process because lighspark runs as an
actual plugin, using firefox infrastructure to handle download of data
(this completely avoid any cookie problems)

> Also, when I run it from the command line:
>
> address@hidden:~$ lightspark --help
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'lightspark::RunTimeException'
>   what():  Lightspark error
> Aborted
> address@hidden:~$ lightspark --version
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'lightspark::RunTimeException'
>   what():  Lightspark error
> Aborted
I'll make sure to add a version and help switches for release 0.4.3

Thanks for testing,
Alessandro