Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Burning 100% CPU time: MediaParser/FLVParser never p

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Burning 100% CPU time: MediaParser/FLVParser never pauses
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 15:03:33 -0700

> Make sure to try both ffmpeg and gst media handlers, as if I recall
> correctly some locking duty were given to these implementations
> rather than left to base class.

I'm not sure how to do that.  "./gnash --help" says I can run "-M,
--media <gst>" but it doesn't document ffmpeg.  Indeed, passing "gnash
-M ffmpeg" says "Error: Non-existent media handler ffmpeg specified".
When building, I configured it with just the line "./configure
--enable-gui=gtk".  Did I need to do something else to enable multiple
media handlers?

But even if I was able to pick the ffmpeg media handler from the
command line, how would I pick it from the plugin?  There's nothing
in the Preferences menu to set it.  Is there some secret .gnashrc
setting somewhere?  If so, can someone document it in the release?

Or do I just need to reconfigure and recompile it separately for
ffmpeg testing?  ./configure --help just says:

    --enable-media=handler  Enable media handling support using the specified
                            handler: gst, ffmpeg or none (no sound) [[gst]]

If so, then what's the -M option for?

        John