Re: [Gnash-dev] Feature request: The ability to change the frame-rate

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Feature request: The ability to change the frame-rate
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:28:29 +0200

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:29:38AM -0600, Craig Kelley wrote:

> Yes, it will use more disk space temporarily to dump at a higher
> framerate -- but after re-encoding, it will be the same size.  I suspect
> that you'll also have a higher quality file because the encoder will have
> more data to work with.  That being said, I think strk is correct that
> having a general-purpose flag would be great.

Please guys, try the current master branch.
There, we went back to the default of on-video-frame-per-heartbeat
(100FPS) but we now allow to override that:

 dump-gnash -D address@hidden input.swf # 12FPS of video
 dump-gnash -D  address@hidden input.swf # 32FPS of video
 dump-gnash -D    huge.raw    input.swf # 100FPS of video

Didn't use a user-friendlier --rendering-fps switch as I didn't
want to change too much of the current option parsing code.
Not at this stage at least.